Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Moved In!

We are all moved in here at Rockhill Manor. I got the last of our things out of the old house yesterday. It was super bittersweet. I had to make two trips (two and a half if you count that I turned around halfway back here to grab the cookbooks I'd forgotten). I wondered if it was a subconscious thing...not really wanting to say goodbye to the place where I raised the wee babies. They are still small(ish) and being raised to be sure, but the place where the boy took his first steps, and the place where they both learned to ride their bikes, and the place where they lost many teeth etcetcetc makes a mama's womb heave just a bit. We are snowed in today (although if I had a jeep I probably could get out-my neighbor just did) and I am taking the opportunity to unload a few boxes and do a few loads of laundry. And figure out what to make for dinner as I have been completely spoiled and not prepared a meal since Thursday last. PJ walked to work today. He looked awesome in his snowboarding gear and reported back that snowshoes will be a good investment. Who knows-if my office moves back downtown then maybe I will get some too!
I've arranged some furniture but you cannot really see it underneath the coats that were in the front closet that we do not have any more, as well as numerous boxes. Some of my day will be spent finding places for things so I can take some photos. I'm off to work on this place so I can share more with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment